Your Book of Shadows can be whatever you want it to be.
- Use this guide for inspiration, follow your intuition and don’t get caught up in perfection – there is no right or wrong!
step 1: pick a format
For a Physical book, You could Try:
- Leather bound, or moleskin notebooks
- Checking Esty or specialty stores for a ready-made Book of Shadows
- Sketch book
- Ringed binder
For an Electronic book, You could Try:
- Canva for creating graphic pages
- Evernote for a notebook with lots of great features
- Google docs for an easy online word processor
- Pinterest Boards
got perfection paralysis?
Many Modern Witches have a “down and dirty” Book of Shadows, which is a constant work in progress, along with a “pretty” version that feels more special.
step 2: decide on organization
want a chronological book of shadows?
- If you like the idea of organically building your Book of Shadows based on when they occur, create a general index at the front. Each time you add something new, update it.
- You’ll be able to quickly find what you are looking for.
want to organize by section?
- If you like putting all your spells in one section, and your crystals in another, create a table of contents at the beginning of the book. If you want to get really organized, you can also create another one at the beginning of each section.
step 3: make it special
- Give yourself permission to unleash your Inner Crafty Witch and go nuts decorating, drawing, or doing whatever else takes your fancy to make it yours.
step 4: what To put in your book of shadows – ideas & inspiration
- Include whatever calls to you – after all, it’s your book!