The advantages and disadvantages of using a three-ring binder as a “book of shadows”.
NOTES – this is something i wrote based on my experience and in my own grimoires.
Pluses / Advantages:
- – This is (arguably) one of the fastest ways to create a complete book of shadows
- – The contents can be easily shuffled, rearranged, and added to.
- – Pages can be easily removed and put in another binder, which is especially important when your book gets too big to handle or too full.
- – Notes can be easily added in the margins.
- – Extra storage for loose pages if your binder has pockets.
- – Printed Copies and handwritten pages can both be used.
- – It’s very easy to use.
- – Can be customized by painting or using covers, or other means of decorating.
- – Multiple binders can be used for different topics or purposes.
- – takes the least amount of work to add to and update
Minuses / Disadvantages:
- – Three ring binders are generally a bit generic looking. Though there are ways around that.
- – Binders are always a bit big and a little unwieldy.
- – They do Not always fit easily on book shelves or in one’s hands during ritual, if using.
- Pages tear easily, if they are not in a page protector.
written by Ciera H. @stubbornbudgie