- Supplementary materials in a book of shadows that has meaning for you and can be used at a moment’s notice in various rituals.
Calls and Charges
- A call is an invitation to an deity (or spirit) to attend a ritual, and it’s a part of some witch rites. Charges are good to use in place of a call, if the mood strikes. (The word charge is actually an old masonic term and refers to a set of instructions.)
Others things you can note in your Grimoire:
- Witch Words/Terms (List and/or meanings)
Witch word examples:
- Athame ( a knife used for rituals or spells)
- Mabon (Autumn Equinox / Sabbat , as of the 1970′s)
- Cowan (from free masonry) – ( means a non – witch)
DEDICATIONS and DEITIES
- Many witches connect with particular deities and god – forms and will often dedicate a part of their “book of shadows” or grimoires to these goddesses or gods.
- You might include information on your relationship with a particular deity , such as when they first approached you (or vice versa). and what that means to you.
- The history of you, your practice, your coven, etc.
Familiars and Pets
- Pets, and spiritual familiars as well.
- Record what they’ve brought to your life
- When they entered / exited
- and what they’ve taught to you
- spells / spell work